Have you ever thought about the stress that your windows are under? They do a big job protecting your home, keeping Mother Nature out and locking in air-conditioned or heated air, so you stay comfortable all year long. With rainy fall weather on the way, homeowners in Kansas City may want to take time to assess the condition of their windows and make repairs as needed now while the weather is still nice. If you determine that it’s time for new windows, it’s best to do a window replacement project before you start experiencing significant issues. As Ben Franklin always said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
At Energy Pro Windows and Siding, we want to help you button up your house before the fall rains hit. Following are a few tips to help ensure that your windows are sealed up and ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at us this fall. If you have questions about the condition of your windows, give us a call. We offer a free window replacement estimate for homeowners in Prairie Village, Overland Park, Olathe, Lee’s Summit, Leawood, Liberty, and all other cities in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We’ll be happy to talk with you about your window needs and recommend solutions that are right for you.
Here are a few steps you can on your own to start the process.
Assess the Situation
Before you decide on whether to repair or replace, you need to take a good look at your current window status. Go out and walk around the house. What do you see? If you see any of these signs, you might want to think about getting new windows before the fall rains hit.
- Do you see wood rot or mildew underneath the windows? If so, there’s moisture getting in from somewhere. It’s time for a more thorough inspection.
- Do the window frames look warped, chipped, or damaged in any way? This can be a sign of moisture intrusion, but hail and high winds can also cause damage. Repair or replace any damaged frames as soon as possible so the damage doesn’t get worse.
- Is the glass still clear or is it hazy? If it looks hazy or cloudy, the seals might be failing. It’s time to get them inspected by professionals.
- Do you see condensation on the windows inside the house? Condensation on the inside of the windows is never a good sign. This should be addressed immediately so that mold and mildew don’t start growing under the sills and in the walls of your home.
- Are any of the window panes cracked? Cracked panes should be replaced as soon as possible. Not only are they a safety hazard, but they also let your conditioned air escape to the outside, driving up utility bills.
- Do the windows still open and close easily? Windows should always be functional so that family members can open them to escape in case of a fire.
- Do you feel drafts in the house? This is a good sign that something has gone wrong with your windows. Get them repaired or replaced to seal out drafts.
Call in the Professionals
If you determine that your windows need to be replaced, it’s time to call in professionals. While many people may consider new window installation a do-it-yourself project, this is truly one that’s best left to window experts. Windows don’t just pop in and out like the lenses in your sunglasses do. There’s much more to it, and window installation professionals have years of experience with different types of windows and many styles of homes. They know what to look for, how to safely remove old windows without damaging siding, and how to install the new windows to get the best fit. Not only that, but a professional window installation job ensures that your warranty remains intact. There’s nothing worse than doing a job yourself, then having problems with it and discovering that the warranty is void because you didn’t do the job right.
<h#>Benefits of Using Pros</h#>
The window experts at Energy Pro are happy to help you with your window replacement job. Energy Pro has been in business since 2003, helping Kansas City homeowners protect homes across the city from rain, snow, wind, hail, and anything else the weather brings on. Here’s what you get when you trust Energy Pro to install your new windows.
- Free consultation to determine what’s needed. We’ll help you figure out whether you can make repairs to your old windows or not, or whether a window replacement might be the best option.
- A free window replacement estimate that includes installation
- A wide selection of high-quality windows manufactured with the latest window technology. We stock brands like Sunrise Restorations®, Heritage Windows by JoyceTM, and Insulator Series by JoyceTM, as well as our own Super Signature Series replacement windows.
- A thorough explanation of what will take place throughout the window replacement process, including the timing of the project
- Trained experts with many years of experience installing windows in the Kansas City market
- Professional window installers that are employees of Energy Pro, never contractors. Our installers are the best at what they do and treat customers with courtesy and respect. They also clean up after themselves.
- Window installers who have the tools, equipment, and know-how needed to do the job safely and efficiently
- A quality installation job that ensures that your window warranty remains valid and in effect for the life of your windows
- Peace of mind. You’ll know that the job was done right and your home is protected when the fall rains come.
Call the Experts at Energy Pro Today
At Energy Pro, we know it’s not always just about functionality. That’s why we stock windows that are beautiful, too, and come in a variety of styles and finishes to match or improve your home’s curb appeal. Let us help you get your Overland Park, Olathe, Prairie Village, Liberty, Leawood, or Lee’s Summit home looking fresh, new, and ready for the rain this fall. Give us a call to get your questions answered or to schedule a free window replacement estimate. We guarantee our work and look forward to working with you!