Have you noticed signs of wear and tear on your home’s siding? If so, it is likely time to invest in a replacement. However, once you start looking at all the different material options available for home siding, you may feel overwhelmed.
While this is true, getting to know some of the most popular siding options is the best way to choose the material that suits your needs and the long-term needs of your home.
Vinyl siding is considered an accessible and affordable option. It isn’t just budget-friendly, but it provides an ROI of up to 77%. Vinyl siding has been used since the middle part of the 1900s and was created as an alternative to stone and wood.
Some of the benefits offered by vinyl siding include:
- It’s affordable
- It’s offered in several styles and colors and can mimic slate, stone, and wood
- It often comes with a lifetime warranty
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It isn’t susceptible to rot or insect damage
Another popular siding choice is wood. Just as the name implies, it is made of natural wood planks attached to the sides of the home. Some of the benefits offered by wood siding include:
- It’s simple to install
- It is eco-friendly because it is made of natural materials
- It can be painted or stained to any color
Cement Fiber Siding
This is a very durable option because of its composition. It is made of wood fibers, cement, and sand. It is much thicker than regular vinyl and can be easily shaped into various styles and textures, including wood grain.
Some of the benefits offered by choosing cement-fiber siding include:
- Higher energy efficiency thanks to a thicker material
- Ability to be manufactured in several colors and textures
- Resistant to insects and water
Foam Backed Vinyl Siding
This is a newer material available in the siding industry. As the name implies, the siding as a foam core backing that can be bonded or not to the siding. This is a popular option for some homeowners because it offers an additional insulation layer to prevent heat loss.
Some of the benefits offered by foam-backed vinyl siding include:
- Superior energy efficiency
- Easily cleaned with soap and water
- Helps reduce outside noise
- Offered in many color and design choices
- Isn’t damaged by insects or moisture
Engineered Wood Siding
This is one of the most modern siding products available on the market today. It is created from wood products and bonding agents that make it look like wood without the possible disadvantages offered by wood siding.
Some of the main benefits offered by engineered wood siding include:
- Provides the feel and look of real wood
- Is a greenest manufacture siding option because it is made out of recycled wood
- Is resistant to insects
What Siding Is Right for You?
Do you know which siding option is right for you? If not, now is the time to work with the professionals. We can help ensure you get the siding material that best suits your needs and your budget. Contact Energy Pro today!